Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Happier times

Recently, we have had some really nice days, some fun outings----I will call these days "the Good" (please see most recent posts).

Today, we had "the Bad and the Ugly".

To be brief, I came out of the shower this morning to find Kingsley in the cabinet that holds all of our medicine (bar stool pushed to counter to reach the very high cabinet). I thought he was still sleeping. No damage done. After much fun at the grocery store (tantrums, lying on floor, touching everything), we decided to go swimming. Swimming was cut short after a certain someone pooped in the pool (not Charlie). I guess a certain someone is not ready to swim without a swim diaper. As I was cleaning the pool and pool toys, I look at Kingsley to see mud around his mouth and him chewing something. Turns out he is chewing broken glass he found in the dirt. Lovely. Apparently it did not hurt and apparently he did not swallow.

Kingsley finally went to sleep at 10:30 pm after throwing a toy while refusing story time with Papa. He even used the old asking-for-water trick to delay bedtime as long as possible. I'm exhausted. I love and adore this little guy, but --whew--he's pulling out all the stops lately.

And Charlie? Charlie is fine, his usual, happy self. I'm not sure I ever want him to be 3 though.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awwww, I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Hopefully today will be much better. Three is definitely a tough age to deal with!

TUTU Monkey said...

Man...... I bet you were wondering "what next?"

Hope today is SMOOOOOOOOTH......