Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting back in the swing of things....






Where to start? The boys are napping, or should I say "napping"? The quotes are really only meant for Kingsley who now pokes around his room for who-knows-how-many-minutes until he konks out for a good, solid nap. So, I am catching up on e-mail and friends' blogs and landed here, thinking I should write *something* with all that has been going on.


So much going on. My Mom and Dad's recent visit in March, Nana Susan's (my Mom-in-Law) visit this past week, Kingsley's 3rd birthday, and other various outings and adventures.

I'll catch up here, all in good time, I promise. But, I start with today. Once the boys went down for their nap I finished off the bag of Doritos (which I really don't like and rarely have), had a glass of wine, and ---just for good measure---finished all the peas I made for Charlie for lunch (which is actually a good portion, since he didn't eat any). Telling of our morning? Perhaps. Tantrum-land---for both. Yes, we are at that point where both are of the age. Yippee.

I feel bad though. I think Charlie's tantrums are the result of him being a bit sick. The start of a cold, I think. He had a low-grade temperature this morning and the 90 degree heat doesn't really seem to help. He has never been sick, so he is not used to feeling so blah (and I'm not used to him being so grumpy). Well, being sick means the sick one usually gets more attention. And, well, that doesn't sit well with Mr. Kingsley. Especially on the heels of Nana's visit (and much extra attention).

So, there you have it. I am going to go try on spring and summer clothes now. Do you ever do that? Play dress-up during nap time? I do. I put on all my pretty clothes (that actually fit now) and all my jewelry that I haven't been able to wear the past 3 years and think about where I could go for lunch in my stunning get-ups. I am being a bit wistful and a bit cheeky---since I really never got dressed up and went out for lunch pre-baby either. But, my day's coming baby----just you watch.


These pictures are from this past Sunday, not that long ago at all. Don't they look happy?

7 comments:

Erin said...

So good to see new pics of the boys! I feel your pain on the tantrums. Sean is starting the terrible two's a bit early, and Caityn a bit late!

Ashley said...

I am so glad you are back...I've been getting itchy for new pictures :) I really can't believe that is Charlie....he looks so grown-up....and different! His face is definitely slimming.....where are those adorable baby cheeks going?!!!! NO!!!

TUTU Monkey said...

Wow the boys are growing up.......

You back yard looks like a wonderful place to play!!

Hope Kinglsey had a fun Birthday...Sarah is almost in the "3 club"

Miss ya!!

Janis said...

They're getting sooo big!

Barley Family said...

Good to see new photos of your handsome boys! Charlie looks so different! I hope he's feeling better. Anika was fighting a fever of 103 while it was 90 out, not fun. She now has a rash on her face.

I love that you play dress up, I used to do that. I was trying on some skirts the other day and I heard Caylin saying "Ooooooohhhh my gooooodnesss, what are you doing, where are you going, that is soooo pretty!" Then she ran to get dressed up in something else for the 100 time. :)

Proud mommy of Two said...

They are so adorable! And getting so big!! Looks like they had a fun time with their pool. Miss you guys.

my little buttercup said...

Wow, had to say, charlie looks so BIG!
Can't believe it!