Thursday, September 2, 2010

Well, well



Well, well here we are again. I haven't documented much of our life lately, and the more I procrastinate the more overwhelming it becomes. It has been 6 months since we moved to Monterey County and our life is so full here. I really do love it. However, this means I need to be better about documenting, because there seems to be so much more of it to do. I'll try to catch up a little. I don't want to forget any of it.

Most recently, Kingsley has started preschool and loves it. He is lucky enough to attend with one of his best friends, Aiden (who lives across the street). Aiden, his big brother Cole (1st grader) and their cousin Ian (Kindergarten) show up at our house around 8 am and scramble around, check out toys, and play in the tents and closets. Once Aiden's Mom comes by with baby sister Siggy in tow (she's 3 weeks old!), the boys hurriedly find shoes and backpacks (and Charlie must be pried from breakfast) and we all walk to school. I love it. I love that we live in this neighborhood, with instant friends, with a beautiful school just around the block.

The only downer---and I knew enough to expect it---is the illness that often comes with the beginning of school, especially the early years. Kingsley has missed a full week of school this week (which is only two days for him, but still), not to mention 2 highly anticipated play dates. We have a tour of the Monterey Fire Station booked for tomorrow and I've been avoiding even mentioning it for fear that we won't be able to go. Oh the disappointment! Kingsley's reaction to not going to school and seeing friends is so much worse than any symptom he is experiencing--I am sure of it. I hope illness doesn't last too long, Kingsley's disappointment is truly heartbreaking. We will get back in the swing of things soon.

1 comment:

TUTU Monkey said...

Man ....kingsley is so darn cute!! Looks so grown up going to school!!

Hope he is feeling better soon......miss ya!